Mate Labs Demand Forecasting Hiring Challenge
Forecasting the sales of an FMCG Company.
NOTE: The Challenge has been updated, please refer to "Submission Guidelines" for updates.
A major FMCG company which sells various health and hygiene related products wants to understand their market dynamics to come up with better planning in their supply chain. When demand planners can have accurate ideas about the future demand for a given product, they can strategize their manufacturing, warehouse management, logistics, promotions etc which in turn would reduce the loss of business due to product unavailability. Given data is their secondary sales record of various products that are being sold at various CFAs ( Carry Forward Agent ) for various channels. The hierarchy of sales can be represented as follows:
Objective: The main objective of this challenge is to accurately forecast the demand of various products in different channels that are being sold through various CFAs.
NOTE: Please read carefully, otherwise your solution may be graded incorrectly.
The given dataset zip consists of 4 files:
- Train.csv (Training Data)
- Promotional_Data.csv (Additional Data)
- Test.csv (Data on which predictions have to be made)
- Sample_Submission.csv (Sample file for final submission)
The aim of the challenge is to train a model for demand forecasting and make predictions on "Test.csv" data for the following attributes:
- Secondary Sales Quantity Invoiced
The final output for submission should be a single "output.csv". The sample format is already given in "Sample_Submission.csv"(the challenge has been updated and only "Secondary Sales Quantity Invoiced" has to be predicted now) for reference along with a screenshot below which displays the final attributes required in your submission.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: THE TARGET COLUMNS HAVE BEEN UPDATED.
How to make a submission?
- Click on "My Submission"
- On the next page, click on "+ New Submission"
- Upload your CSV in the next page and click on "Submit for Review"
- You must submit your CSV file by uploading the CSV in the "My Submissions" section of this challenge.
- Your submission will be auto graded and you will be able to see your results instantly.
- If there is any error in the submission, your final score will be marked as 0.
- Root Mean Squared Error (RMSE) will be used for evaluation
- Candidate topping the challenge will be sent to the next round of interview, where they will be asked a proper expiation on the solution approach they took to solve the challenge.
- Submission must not include copyrighted code. If violation is found, submission will be rejected. Plagiarism is not encouraged.
- The submission should be in a proper format as described by "Submission Guidelines".
- Late submission will not be accepted beyond provided deadline (Indian Standard Time).
Reward: Internship Offering with stipend Rs.15,000 to Rs.20,000
If the candidate performs good in his internship period, then the company may decide a PPO.
The Top 3 participants will receive certificates from "Dockship" as well for commendable effort.